We are recruiting individuals diagnosed with vulvar lichen sclerosus (VLS) and their partners to participate in a research study to learn more about risk and protective factors for sexual, relationship, and psychological health for VLS.
- Three online surveys with questions about your background as well as your sexual, relationship, and psychological health. These surveys will be completed over a 6-month period (i.e., one survey every 3 months) and will take approximately ~60 minutes to complete.
- 28 days of brief daily surveys completed each evening. These surveys will take approximately 7-10 minutes to complete.
All surveys are confidential and completed separately from your partner.
Who is eligible?
- You and your partner have been in a committed relationship for at least 6 months, live in the same geographic area (i.e., are not long-distance) and see each other at least 4 times per week
- You and your partner are both 19+ years of age
- You and your partner are both fluent in English
- You and your partner have an email address and regular access to the Internet
- You or your partner have received a diagnosis of vulvar lichen sclerosus from a doctor, such as a dermatologist, gynaecologist, family doctor, or urologist
- Your partner agrees to participate
- You and your partner have attempted or had sexually activity within the past month (sexual activity includes masturbation, manual stimulation, oral sex, vaginal sex, and anal sex)
Participants of all genders and sexual orientations are welcome to participate in this study. The study is open to participants from any country. We are especially interested in including BIPOC individuals and couples who have historically underrepresented in sexuality research.
Compensation for completing all parts of this study is $100 CAD per person ($200 CAD per couple) or equivalent in your home currency. You will only be compensated for surveys you complete.
If you’re interested in participating in this study, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org